Sorghum exports from Ukraine down 23%
- Ukraine exported 84.9 KMT of sorghum in September-April 2018/19, or 23% less than in the same period in MY 2017/18 (110.1 KMT);
- the biggest importer of Ukrainian sorghum is the European Union – its export share equals 54%;
- 2018/19 exports to the EU are down 29% year-on-year at 45.8 KMT;
- Ukraine exported sorghum to China for the first time this season (4.5 KMT);
- In addition, Ukrainian exporters boosted deliveries to the following markets:
- Turkey (23.7 KMT, or 157% more than in the whole MY 2017/18),
- Taiwan (6 KMT, or twice as much as in MY 2017/18).