ru en
Sunseed production in Moldova heading towards a new record high 8 October, 2018 at 16:10

Moldovan market participants expect that the sunseed crop may rise to 950 KMT in 2018 against 920 KMT a year ago. In view of a reduced planted area, the crop increase will be achieved at the expense of a record yield, which is expected at 2.6 MT/ha against 2.4 MT/ha a year ago.

Roughly 66% of Moldova’s sunseed crop is shipped abroad, while the remaining 34% is processed by local crushers. Trans Oil Group accounts for some 90% of the overall crushing volume.

The share of sunflower in Moldova’s total plantings equals 24%.